For the past 30 years Wilderness Safaris has been dedicated to responsible luxury tourism in sub-Saharan Africa, attracting predominantly international guests to experience all that Africa has to offer. And while they have welcomed many guests, many South African travellers have found the company's lodges "unaffordable" and "hard to book".
So on the eve of the company's 30th birthday Wilderness have decided to introduce an African loyalty programme, inviting local safari enthusiasts to become members of the Wilderness Safaris Residents Programme.
The Residents Programme is intended to meet the needs of African residents who have a love of the bush and aspire to visit many of the 70 Wilderness camps across the continent, and to support the Wilderness Safaris ethos of sustainability.
Benefits of membership include, but are not limited to:
- Exclusive rates in high and low seasons
- Discounts of up to 50% when travelling within 30 days of booking
- Last minute discounts of over 50% for travel within 14 days of booking.
- Discounted rates on flights with Wilderness Air and Wilderness Safaris road transfers
- Children under 6 stay free and 6- to 14-year-olds pay 50%
- Residents’ rates for in-camp activities for adults and children
- 50% honeymoon discount for the bride on stays of 6 nights or more
- Single supplement waiver for last minute travel
- Preferred rates with favoured third-party suppliers
- Access to all Wilderness-owned properties
- Opportunities to travel to managed properties
- Access to Dream Deals: The Residents Programme team will analyse occupancies in the camps, on aircrafts and on the guided explorations, to negotiate the very best rates and bespoke opportunities to present to members based on their personal preferences.
In addition, there is:
- No upfront purchase of bed-nights
- No limit on the number of bed-nights a member uses in the two-year period
Terms & Conditions apply
- R5000 per membership (accepted as a donation to Children in the Wilderness)
- The principal members must be residents and/or citizens of an African country
- A principal member must accompany each booking
- All immediate family members listed on the contract are deemed to be principal members
- Maximum 10 guests per booking at the member rate
- Membership valid for 2 years
- Official launch date is March 2013
- Members who sign up for membership for the 2013 and 2014 calendar years will get the extra months (during 2012) free.
- The membership fee goes directly to the Children in the Wilderness programme www.childreninthewilderness.com as a donation and is tax deductible for South African residents. CITW is an environmental and life skills educational programme for rural children focusing on the next generation of decision makers: inspiring them to care for their natural heritage and to become the custodians of these areas in the future.
For more information on this programme which is exclusively available to African residents in the countries where Wilderness Safaris operate, visit www.wilderness-residents.co.za.