A new hotel ranking has pronounced The Lanesborough in London the best hotel in Europe and given Italy the highest number of honors.
In their inaugural list ranking the best luxury hotels in Europe, US News & World Report named The Lanesborough near Hyde Park the best in class just a year after the hotel reopened following extensive refurbishments that restored the 93 rooms and suites to their original Georgian splendor.
In addition to sumptuous suites, salons and dining rooms, The Lanesborough has built up a reputation for its service.
Every guest has access to a 24-hour butler -- the only service of its kind in London -- who will assist with laundry, wake-up calls and directions. The concierge team can also be called upon to arrange transportation and organize luxury picnics.
The news of the win comes as the hotel announced plans to open London's most exclusive health and wellness club next spring. The Lanesborough Club & Spa will span 18,000 square feet and will be a members' only club that will also be accessible to guests.
Services will include a mani-pedi suite, fitness area, thermal suite, spa treatment rooms and hydropool.
Meanwhile, Italy was the top performer in the US News & World ranking, landing the highest number of Gold badges at 28, followed by England (24) and France (20).
To compile the list, five-star hotels were evaluated based on a composite of expert and guest ratings and awards.
Here are the top 10 luxury hotels in Europe, according to US News & World Report:
1. The Lanesborough (London, England)
2. Hotel Santa Caterina (Amalfi Coast, Italy)
3. J.K. Place Roma (Rome, Italy)
4. Palazzo Avino (Amalfi Coast, Italy)
5. Four Seasons Hotel George V (Paris, France)
6. Four Seasons Gresham Palace (Budapest, Hungary)
7. The Beaumont (London, England)
8. Corinthia Hotel (London, England)
9. The Milestone Hotel (London, England)
10. Hôtel Plaza Athénée (Paris, France)